Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Weekend

Our Easter weekend was such a great one!  Tygh had Friday off so we spent the day doing projects around the house, then that evening was egg dying night.  I put Bailey to bed because honestly I didn't want to deal with the mess she would have made..I know, I'm no fun :)  Tate was asking all week if we could dye eggs.  He would carry around the little cardboard egg dying kit everywhere with him.  So finally we got around to it. I think it was everything and more than he expected.  It was so fun to see his face light up when the eggs came out a different color, especially the yellow ones, but that's not a surprise haha.  We tried out a new (to us) park that had a bike park right next to it. I'm not sure if the kids liked the bike park or the regular park more :)  Here's some pictures of the fun...




Of course the favorite..the SWINGS!


Racing daddy down the slide..I think daddy is trying to cheat!

Dying eggs takes a lot of concentration..

And so does putting on the stickers!

AHHHHH they turned YELLOW!

Saturday night was the hit for the kids, I told Tate Saturday morning that in the evening we were going to do a special egg hunt, well that was a mistake because all say he was asking if it was time yet to do the "special egg hunt."  Finally it got dark and we did our Glow in the dark Easter egg hunt (thanks pinterest).  I have to say it was so cool, and the kids LOVED it, we will definitely be doing this again next year! 

4 comments:

Gaye Baker said...

Your kiddos are DARLING. so fun to see all that you do. You are a fantastic mom... what are the glow in the dark eggs. they look cool. thanks for sharing although I could not get the video thing to work.

Jason and Kristine said...

I showed Ben these pictures and he thinks Tate's egg dying face is so funny! :) Miss you!

Kevin and Karen said...

We loved the pictures! We can't wait to see you guys in a week! :) Tate and Bailey are adorable and we loved their Easter outfits!!

Grandma Gale said...

Yeah for blogging! I am so happy! Love you all!